Friday, May 18, 2012

Jackie Chan announces he is to retire from action movies (frown)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/cannes-film-festival/9274513/Cannes-2012-Jackie-Chan-to-retire-from-action-movies.html The 58-year-old actor said he felt “really, really tired” after decades of pushing his body to the limit. Speaking in Cannes, Chan said that his latest Hollywood outing, Chinese Zodiac, would be the last time audiences see him in a leading action role. “This is my last action film,” he said. “I tell you, I’m not young any more. I’m really, really tired". “And the world is too violent right now. It’s a dilemma - I like action but I don’t like violence.” Chan has been talking of retirement for the past couple of years but said today that this time he really means it.

No comments:

Post a Comment